20090824

Thumbs up so far


For Ronnie Rodgers and the Packers offense, the 2009 Pre-Season has been going really swell through two games. Rodgers has led the first-team offense to 5 scores so far on 6 possessions, putting up a near-perfect QB rating along the way. Nope. I don't think 2008 was a fluke. We really do have a keeper here.

I can't remember where I read this, but it seems our defensive players do not need to worry about 'fitting the 3-4 scheme.' Seems like they weren't really cut out for the 4-3, in hind-sights. Or maybe it's just that we've played awful teams so far. Regardless, I love the aggressive approach of Ol' Dom Capers.

I wonder what the passive Bob Sanders was thinking as he watched that aggression on the Buffalo side-lines, Saturday evening. The former GB coordinator should have been taking notes. Attack. Hmmm... Confuse the offense. Hmmm... What silly-ness. How radical.

You've got to love the turnovers Dom is creating. He's got them maniacs really flying around out there and they look to be moving much faster than their opponents. Just wild. The effort has even captured the eye of SI's Peter King, who called the 2-0 Packers one of the top teams he's seen so far this pre-season.

I don't want to get too excited over pre-season, but winning in a dominating fashion can't be a bad thing. At the very least, it's fun to watch, and I don't think it's foolish-ness to read into these results at least a little bit. Nope, dear readers, I think there is good reason to be optimistic.

Well I'm coming off a long weekend away from home and I need a nap. Big practice coming up tonight, ya know.

Until next time, then.
-FG