20090106

Well we beat the Lions twice, and other random thoughts from early January

I thought maybe handing the Lions their 16th loss of the season would be a high-light to remember, a bright moment in a dim season near the shortest day of the year, but no sir, no ma'am. It only served to illuminate the turd that is this season. We got six damned wins and two of them were against the Lions. My word.

My nephew found this picture up above and I really liked it: A gloomy picture during ice fishing season. It fit. So I do apologize for not keeping up with the writing, but what can you really say?

Luckily there have been some interesting things going in the news to keep us all looking forward in the new year.

Hoo-ray! The Vikings lost in that stupid inflatable snow-man yard-"decoration" of a stadium. Those things are ridiculous and so is the Metro-Dome. My word.

Mike Stock and Bob Sanders are out. So is the rest of the defensive coaching staff. I'm not sure I like the idea of Mike Nolan and his crazy nickel-based weirdo scheme. I like an up-and-comer like Eagles secondary coach Sean McDermott. He'd bring some of that Jim Johnson blitzing maniac style without needing to lose the 4-3 base.

Predictions for the rest of the playoffs that I will watch and enjoy even though life is cruel and we are not involved any longer: Baltimore at Tennessee = Tennessee. San Diego at Pittsburgh = Pittsburgh. Eagles at Giants = Eagles. Cardinals at Panthers = Panthers. Championships: Pittsburgh at Tennessee = Tennessee. Eagles at Panthers = Panthers. Super-Bowl: Panthers v Titans = Titans. Well we nearly beat them on the road, so that's something to think about.

2009 Opponents were announced on Monday. We've got some doozies.
Home: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals.
Away: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers.

Well I gotta put in a new ceiling fan, folks. Until next time, then.