20140123

1929


JANUARY 23, 1929 -
Something has happened, dear readers.

I had taken a trip out west in November (2013), to get away from the terrible skid the packers entered, and I procured a large chunk of sequoia wood, ancient and red and beautiful. It seemed more rock than wood. Last night I was sitting in my old rocking chair by the wood-stove and decided to toss it into the flames.

I had strange dreams and awoke in a new world: The news-paper on my front-step said it was 1929.
Egads.

I looked in the mirror and was young again. A dapper young man. What is truly strange is that I still have access to the internet (and twitter, although nobody here understands what the internet or twitter are.

A few years ago when i decided to stop my Packers writings I remember thinking: "I don't know how I will find the strength to write ferociously again, and it may be months or years, but whenever I am ready to hammer the keys I will strike off into a strange and new direction." And so it seems I am there, years and years and years ago. 

Now.

1929.

And what is to come?

I realize I am probably the only Packers blogger here in 1929, the only person with access to twitter, but I must do what comes naturally: Report and write. So you have me again. All of me.

There is no Super-Bowl this year, the NFL season is over and a new one begins. There is no draft, the NFL includes ten teams. Have you ever heard of the Frankford Yellow-Jackets? Or the Dayton Triangles? They're all god-damned scoundrels! Rascals. So are the defending champions, the Providence Steam-Rollers. We finished in fourth place in 1928, but I have faith in Coach Lambeau, and '29 feels like a winner, dear readers. If you can read this, that is. And if you can, I hope you'll join me. Go packers! Until next time then, FG